The strategic location of Cyprus ports, together with a growing volume of freight and traffic, means that there is an increasing demand for astute, specialist security services. The challenge facing port operators is to find the optimal security plan that not only matches budget and operational requirements but also complies with the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) and other regulatory requirements. ICTS Cyprus works with Customs, port authorities and port operators to deliver specialist security services to seaports across Greece.
With over 30 years of delivering security services to the aviation sector, our know-how has extended and progressed to embrace the maritime world, by establishing important partnerships with Cyprus port authorities, marinas and port facility clients.
Services offered include:
- Operations Setup: recruitment and training of operational staff, writing manuals and security plans, developing procedures
- Port and Ship Security Assessments: vulnerability assessments, security surveys and advice on counter-measures
- Screening of people and their personal effects: cruise ship passengers, crew and visitors, and at entry to port facilities when required; use of hand search, metal detectors and X-ray machines
- Landside and Seaward Protection for ships and port facilities, including counter-piracy advice, measures and equipment
- Monitoring of CCTV and Intruder Detection Systems: security patrolling, with guard dogs if required
- Manning of access control points to port facilities
- Vehicle screen/search on entry to port facilities: screening of freight, stores and vehicles using ICTS Europe's unique RASCargO™ product, for ship's stores, cargo containers and lorries, coaches and cars on ferries
- Emergency Planning, including crisis management and business continuity