Worldwide seaport and shipping operations collectively represent one of the single greatest challenges to the security of nations and to the global economy today. Consequently, the maritime industry is increasingly becoming an attractive target for both terrorist and criminal organizations.
Growing volumes of freight and transport links call for stricter security measures, albeit with minimal impact on port operations and customer service.
Leveraging on its experience in securing high-risk transport hubs by serving as a long-term partner of airlines and airports, ICTS Deutschland is now offering an array of services that focus on the integration of manpower, canine and technological systems for the maritime security sector. Working closely with our clients, we offer optimal solutions that both meet budgetary requirements and comply with security standards set by the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code) and regulatory authorities.
Our clients will be able to benefit from the following services:
- Screening of people and their personal effects: cruise ship passengers, crew and visitors, and at entry to port facilities when required; hand search and use of metal detectors and X-ray machines, including advanced techniques such as Threat Image Projection)
- Monitoring of CCTV, Access Control and Intruder Detection Systems (e.g., Smart Fence)
- Security patrolling with integrated hand-held devices for client documentation and reporting
- Manning of access control points to port facilities
- Vehicle screen/search at entry to port facilities: screening of freight, stores and vehicles, cargo containers and lorries, coaches and cars on ferries
ICTS Deutschland works closely with its clients to find the right solution to complement their strategy, meeting both budgetary and compliance obligations.